Wednesday 28 February 2007

Ribbon One: Stella

I have to write about Stella. I see her everyday and everyday she does something - something odd or intriguing. Something I’m dying to tell you about, so we can wonder over it together and smile over it together. I’m dying to talk to you about her. To introduce her to you, so you can understand exactly what I mean. I have to tell you about her and this is the only way I can think of to do it.

First though, I should say, I’m sorry to anyone who stumbles over this by chance.

This isn’t for you.

I’m not writing this for everyone. I’m writing this for one person. I know who that is. Do you know who you are? Have you found me yet? I’m writing to you - for you - and this is the only way I can think of to do it.

Right. Stella. Odd, intriguing Stella. I’m not sure where to start. How do I begin to describe her to you so you’ll know what I mean. So you’ll be able to picture her. See her as I see her. Understand.

No. I don’t think I can now. Not yet. Maybe later. No – not maybe. I promise. I promise later.

No comments: